CRI is proud to offer a 3 Phase approach to Competitive Youth Summer rowing
For interested athletes and their familiesÂ click each of the phases to learn more about theÂ programs offered.
Phase 1: Â Foundation Building: Â May 29 to June 16, 2018. Â For those not attending Youth Nationals. Program is designed to develop athlete fundamentals as a bridge between the end of the spring racing season and the start of summer rowing. Â This is a great programs for athletes looking to maintain contact with training and rowing while focussing on fundamentals. Â
Phase 2: Â Nationals Development Team: Â June 18 to July 15, 2018. Â This selection team trains at CRI to Â compete at the Club National Championships.
Phase 3: Henley Performance Squad: Â July 16 to August 20,2018. Â Selected athletes will train and compete at Canadian Henley Regatta.
For more information about the teams and what to expect in the program
Girls Team Information
Boys Team Information
Competitive Youth Code of Conduct
2018 Competitive Youth Summer Â Features:Â
- Housing:Â Offered for those traveling from outside the Boston Area.
- SAT Prep: CRI has partnered withÂ The Princeton Review to offer prep options for theÂ SAT exams. The SAT Prep classes are scheduled around practices and races so athletes can successfully combine the classes with training at CRI.
- Functional Movement Screening: Â Our coaching staff will provide each athletes functional movement screening throughout the program to maximize areas of improvement to produce a more balanced and capable athletic approach to rowing and racing.
- Movement Training Specialist: Â CRI has engaged one of the top known Movement Training Specialists, Peter Donohue. Â Peter works with the Boston Ballet, Olympians, professional and high performing athletes. Â
- Video Review. Â Video review will be conducted as needed on a boat by boat and individual basis.
- Introduction to Mindfulness.
- Small Boat Training. Â With 24 small boat options, CRI may offer small boat training to athletes as part of the training and racing experience. Â Small boat rowing is at the discretion of the coaching staff.Â